Llanddulas Lifeboats - 1868 to 1932

 


In September 1869 the Lifeboat 'Henry Nixson 2' was transferred from Abergele to a new site at Llanddulas, the Lifeboat House was paid for by the Bamford Hesketh family who for many years had been generous benefactors to the village of Llanddulas.


 

 


It is quiet possible
that Llanddulas was picked as the site for the Lifeboat Station being close to the village and able to muster thirteen strong, reliable men needed to crew the boats.


 

 


Launching
and Recovering the Lifeboats across the shingle proved to be difficult even though assisted by Horses, and especially in heavy seas.


 

 


The RNLI
decided that in view of the new motor powered Lifeboats to be commisioned at Llandudno and Rhyl and both having superior launching facilities that the Llanddulas Station should close which it duly did December 1932.




Page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4